The Social Work Clinic focuses on working with and supporting people to achieve the best possible levels of personal and social wellbeing. Social Work recognises the impacts of social, economic, emotional and physical factors on a person’s overall health.
Working alongside our allied health colleagues in QUT Health Clinics, Social Work services play an important role in supporting holistic health and wellbeing for our clients. Referrals to Social Work can be made through any of the allied health services within QUT Health Clinics during one of your regular appointments.
The clinic provides opportunities for social work students (Bachelor and Masters qualifying degrees) to work alongside a qualified social worker in supporting clients of the clinic. As well as providing psychosocial support services within the Clinics, Social Work students also support the Clinics’ community outreach work.
Social Work services are free of charge.
Social workers strive to provide quality service based on our Professional [Australian Association of Social Workers ] Code of Ethics. We look forward to working with you.
Areas that Social Work can assist with include working with individuals, groups and families in relation to:
- Supporting individuals to manage the emotional and social impact of health conditions, such as vision loss and chronic health conditions
- Linking individuals and families to services and resources to enhance wellbeing, for example care entitlements and options, as well as community supports
- Support in managing grief and loss associated with health and other related issues
- Provision of emotional and practical support to carers
- Supporting individuals navigating the health care system
- Assistance and advocacy around accommodation issues
- Assistance and advocacy regarding financial hardship
- Assistance with access to Centrelink services
- Referral and support around disability issues
- Support with regard to crisis situations
- Support for individuals experiencing domestic and family violence or elder abuse.
Schedule of Fees
Social Work services at QUT Health Clinics are free of charge.
Phone: (07) 3138 9777